Is Silver going up or down?

Assets perform or underperform at a certain TIME. It can be hard finding that exact time, waiting for that exact TIME could be harder. Orpheus Jiseki (performance cycles) a.k.a Time fractals offer an integrated approach to look at TIME. For us any asset is at inflexion (when it reverses direction) less than 10% of the time, the rest 90% of the TIME the asset prices are trending or stagnating. However more important than timing the top or bottom of an asset is understanding what kind of top the trader prefers, a weekly top, a monthly top, an annual top etc.. Orpheus Jiseki can identify and classify such an inflexion point (bottom or top).

So is silver going up or down would mean more if we knew how long the precious metal is going down. Silver SLV intermediate Jiseki has reached 90% (a top ranking performer) and has a negative crossover. This suggests SLV is  ready to come down on a multi week basis. Even SLV primary multi month Jiseki is also near 80%. Multi month 80% readings are more significant than intermediate daily 90% readings because sustaining a multi year winning performance is tougher than sustaining a top quarterly performance. Apart from this Silver India is also in a Jiseki sell mode ranking at 90%. So for us silver is coming down for atleast  multi weeks now. Gold India and Palladium intermediate Jiseki is also negative.

On the energy front OIX (CBOE Oil Index) is a bit different from precious metals. Though OIX completing corrective is negative, which should push Oil 10-15% lower from current levels. On a multi month basis OIX is bottoming and should be hitting primary multi year lows soon. OIX is a multi year accumulate story. Oil has a 55% weightage in the DDP (Inverse commodity) ETF. On the short term DDP suggests higher for multi weeks (negative commodities) and on the longer multi year terms DDP has a negative Jiseki (positive commodities)

Enjoy the latest Alpha Global, Energy and Metals special.

Our Jiseki Time cycles are seasonal patterns of strength or weakness in assets. They are derived from percentile rankings of 0 to 100. The higher the percentile more the chance for an asset to weaken and worst the ranking, better the chance for the respective asset to outperform.

Our Jiseki Time cycles are seasonal patterns of strength or weakness in assets. They are derived from percentile rankings of 0 to 100. The higher the percentile more the chance for an asset to weaken and worst the ranking, better the chance for the respective asset to outperform.

Alpha is a daily strategy signal product that gives trading and investment signals. Alpha is a numeric Ranking product based on TIME fractals. The signals are illustrated through tracker and running portfolios. Alpha can be used by fund managers for relative allocations, traders for leverage bets and high net worth clients for selective trades. Alpha is a part of the time triads analytics developed by Orpheus Research.

Coverage Global: Commodities, Currency, Stocks, Bonds, Indices

Leave a Reply